11 April 2011

spring showers bring mud

My dad once told me I don't let the grass grow beneath my feet. It's true, I don't do well when I'm not doing things. An outlet seems to be sports. I don't like to be dirty but if its earned and there was something unique being done to make myself dirty, its worthy of pictures.

This past Sunday I got to play 4 hours of soccer - in the mud. Last week the games were cancelled due to 'standing water' in the fields. This week, games were played but uh, the standing water was still present. :)

This is not a great cameo picture because I cut off the top part of my head which had mud caked in my hair from heading the ball. I only noticed the person in the background bending over when I posted this pic but it helps you get the point that everyone took some of the field home with them after the matches.

My cleats and socks got the brunt of the cake. Level of soreness the next day?: Satisfactory.


This is an after shot of my shirt after the Humdinger trail run (quite painful). This shirt is one of my favorites so I'm glad it came out clean.

No comments: