30 March 2009

three words

We Go China!

So I'm single and young (relatively) and have a flexible work schedule. What better things are there to do with my time and freedom than travel? (ok, barring self-less things like help the poor and sick). That's right, a big travel trip is coming up. For a few days I will go to the land of straight black hair, 1/6 of the world's population, cigarettes, round faces and squatty potties. I know Beijing doesn't sound exactly like the most popular vacation spot for a Lancaster county Mennonite but as odd as it is, I'm rather excited. It doesn't feel real yet but the first 6 hour leg to Cali of our travel route will begin the sinking in process. If that doesn't do it, the 13 hour leg will! My travel buddy Stacy & I will visit some contacts in Shenyang, tour Beijing & hopefully the Olympic sights and just be away from life as we know it. To be sure, I'll be on the lookout for good deals (after all... 'made in china'...), funny idiosyncrasies, misused & misspelled English ('engrish') and cute chinese babies. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Stacy said...

We go China! Yay! I'm excited that you're able to travel with me. We're gonna have a blast! :)