26 September 2010

so this is it?

"So you're 30, huh?"
"Yup."
"Well..... alright then."


"Happy Birthday! 30, right?"
"Apparently."
"Any joint pains?"
"Uh... No."

Woke up on a lovely Sunday morning, Sept 26, 2010 in a tent during a beautiful fall weekend spent with friends during an annual whitewater rafting trip. Those were a few conversations that took place. A dialogue concerning age is fairly unimpressive. I had to think about whether or not I had any joint pains because I think I could use a good massage or chiropractor session to straighten out my back as my left hip feels a bit... weird. It's not pain really but a bit uncomfortable but not truly bothersome, but just enough to keep me aware of it and not enough that sometimes I wonder if I'm just making it up. Either way, a massage would feel really good regardless. :)
I don't feel or look old but that sure sounded old!



Had yet another great whitewater rafting weekend. Wilderness Voyageurs outfitter employee Ben gave us some great quotes during the river briefing. Here are a handful of examples:

"Wedgies work wonders in crisis situations" ... in reference to rescuing fellow boaters from the water when they take unexpected swims.

"You never hear of butt entrapment because they don't happen. Don't stand up because foot entrapments do"... why the swimmer should go bumpers up with feet pointed down river

"They are narcissistic selfish buggers and don't deserve a bicycle. You have a paddle. You should use it. Pone their bike and take it back in to town." ... what to do when a rails-to-trails cyclist refuses to help you if you ask for it


We had a barrel of monkeys amount of fun and enjoyed the SUN and 60+ degree weather. Warmest weekend on record for me for this trip. River was bony and low so we spent more time paddling just to move forward and less time playing in rapids because they weren't as fun or really there in low water. But it's all good and I def breathed easier after we all made it through dimple, albeit some a bit wetter.
It took a long time to get home Sunday because we didn't like saying goodbye so they stretched out and we had like 6 of them (at the campsite, at the lookout, at Sheetz, etc.) It's not fun to leave such beautiful pa wilderness and quality people. At least the memories live on and friendships prevail. :) Thanks all for a great weekend!

No comments: