08 September 2010

win-win

It's nice when something works out for the better for more than one party. Someone familiar with camp commented that this place (where I'm now living) needed someone like me to spruce it up on the outside. So it's like we needed each other. I needed something to look after and improve and it needed someone, period. Most of the time it was vacant or only occupied on an 'as needed' basis so it was slipping into disrepair. It needed a good bath. check. The roof needed a sweep & gutters had little plants growing in them. check. The steps to the front door and back deck were so icky they were slippery & green. check. The aroma that hits you in the face is stale must (not the good, cabin must, haha). work in progress. Roof still needs re-pitched, I've got plants & flowers to plant and I just started washing the windows outside but its coming along.

I'm even ok with the quirkiness of it. The dryer just started acting up, letting the laundry kick the door open which shuts it off. Makes it pretty tough to get anything dry when it shuts off after 30 seconds. I've resorted to shoving a folded up piece of newspaper in the door which seemed to do the trick. The dishes may pile up (it does help when I know I have company coming) and clothes need to be folded but all in my time. In turn, I have lovely little tin can to call home. Stop on over for a visit (try to hit me up after I've stocked up on groceries though so I can feed you something)!

No comments: