10 January 2011

TLC

i think my car is breaking. More than likely just from a lack of love. The power steering has been demanding I use power to make the car steer. After awhile, it starting making a churning sound when I would turn to the left. Uh-oh, that's not a good sound. And what did I do about it? Nothing. Except cringe. And feel more embarrassed and a bit helpless whenever I had a passenger. Which isn't often and also maybe why it took so long for any action to correct the problem to happen. Oh I did put "look up online power steering location" on my mental to-do list. And eventually "buy power steering fluid" made it on my to-buy list.
Add to the concern, the check engine light has been coming on. :(

On a trip to Wally World I found some power steering fluid. Then I looked up online where to find the blasted power steering tank so I could check its level (I DID look for this months ago but couldn't find it). Finally found it, wow, right in the front passenger corner under the hood. It got a much needed drink. Fingers crossed that I didn't cause super serious damage. It hasn't been churning as much when turning left but its not completely gone. And I think its turning a bit easier but needs to be checked again to see if the level went down again.

Conclusion: it really would be nice to have a man in my life to keep me accountable to make these maintenance issues get taken care of sooner. I try not to utilize my mechanic more than necessary because he tends to want something from my check book in return. :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yeah - that would be nice. :)